- It keeps costly mandates that have increased premiums.
- It keeps subsidies to help pay for artificially expensive coverage.
- It keeps Obamacare’s costly Medicaid expansion.
- It creates new penalties on those who don’t want expensive insurance.
- It continues to raid Medicare to pay for new entitlements.
- It keeps Obamacare’s failed verification system, which opens the door for illegal immigrants to access taxpayer subsidies.
While we don’t put much stock in what CBO says, we were not surprised – given all of the similarities with Obamacare – that CBO said RyanCare would increase premiums by 15-20 percent over the next few years. We think they could go up even higher.
A better approach is to repeal Obamacare and all of its costly mandates. This will lower insurance premiums and make coverage more affordable for those who want it. It’s a solution grounded in proven, free-market principles that fulfills the campaign promises made by all Republicans.
Please call Republicans and encourage them to oppose RyanCare and to insist on full repeal.
House leaders want to put this bill on the floor next week and now is the time when we must make our voices heard.
Also, don’t let them trick you by saying this is a multi-step process where repeal will take place later. The chance of repeal passing outside of budget reconciliation with 60 votes in the Senate is zero. Democrats will never support that.
Some Democrats could, however, support new policies to replace Obamacare after it’s repealed. This is why if anything should be left out of the reconciliation bill being considered now and left for a future bill, it should be these replacement policies, not repeal.
Please let these lawmakers hear from you.
Now is the time for Republicans to keep their promises and repeal Obamacare. Please call these lawmakers and encourage them to oppose RyanCare, which is nothing more than Obamacare 2.0.