Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton
"What difference, at this point does it make?" Clinton boomed in a 2013 Sentate hearing.
I say it makes allot of difference to freedom loving Americans.
Why did Secretary Clinton deny requests for additional security at the consulate prior to the attack?
Why did the Whitehouse and State Department represent the attack as a spontaneous protest over an anti-Muslim video?
Were they covering up a CIA presence in Bahghazi smuggling weapons from Libya to anti-Assad rebels in Syria?
Many questions remained unanswered and will likely continue to be unanswered for the foreseable future.
Later it was learned by the House committee investigating the attack on the US mission in Benghazi that Secretary Clinton violated government rules by exclusively using a private email account kept on her private computer server in her home during her four years at the State Department. And, in typical Clinton style, she lied. Clinton's office said she only used one private email address during her time at the State Department, while the New York Times discovered that Hillary used more than one address. Clinton asserted that her use of a private email account was aboveboard and allowed under State Department rules. She further asserted that she did not send or receive classified material on the private account. However, a government review of the emails determined that some of the emails were deemed classified.
When Hillary became Secretary of State (2009 - 2013), she promised that the Clinton Foundation would stop accepting donations from foreign governments. However, tax returns disclosed extensive donations continued to be made by foreign governments in 2012 and 2013, while Hillary was Secretary of State.
After leaving the State Department, Hillary joined her daughter and husband as named members of the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation and the foundation began accepting donations from foreign governments. Clinton resigned from the foundation's board in April 2015, when she began her presidential campaign.
In addition to Benghazi, the Clinton Foundation and the scandal involving her emails as Secretary of State, there was Travelgate, Filegate, Whitewater, the mystery surrounding the death of Vincent Foster, and a cattle futures “miracle” that netted Clinton a lot of money.
- Failed to correct false testimony by co-defendant Ira Magaziner in Health Care trial.
- Ordered members of the Health Care Task Force to shred documents that were the target of a court probe.
- Obstructed justice by ordering the shredding of Vince Foster's documents in the Rose Law Firm.
- Obstructed justice by keeping her billing records, a document sought under subpoena, in the White House residence.
- Lied to investigators about her knowledge about billing records.
- Lied to investigators about her involvement in the Castle Grande land flip con.
- Ordered the use of the FBI to discredit Travel Office employees.
- Lied to investigators about her involvement in the firing of Travel Office Employees. In May 1993, the co-president was accused of having a central hand in firing several long-time employees of the White House Travel Office, the better to give the pricey travel business to her Hollywood pals, Linda Bloodworth Thomason and Harry Thomason. Hillary denied everything and when Whitewater Independent Counsel Robert Ray investigated Travelgate, he concluded that there was substantial evidence that involved Hillary but not enough to warrant an indictment.
- The White House finally releases more than 2,000 documents on June 25, 1996, relating to the travel office firings, originally requested two years prior by congressional investigators.