Worse, the Republican leaders are moving their extreme agenda forward through backroom deals and last-minute calendar changes that leave little or no opportunity for public input.
Do these bills, all under consideration this week, represent you?
- Allowing guns in public places
- Making it a felony to pick-up early ballots
- Forcing doctors to give bad medical advice to women and making it a crime when they don't
- Weakening penalties for cruelty to farm animals, including horses
- Eliminating Arizona's College and Career Ready standards
I am fighting against this extremism, but I need your help. Financial support is critical now. Donate here.
With two or three more votes, we could defeat these bad bills. With 6 more seats in the House or 2 seats in the Senate, we can stop the Republican agenda and get back to our priorities: funding education, providing equal opportunities and creating quality jobs.
We have a plan to do just that. Democratic leadership from the State House and State Senate have joined together to organize a campaign effort run by members, for members to build Arizona's future.
We have two goals:
- Elect Democrats to the Arizona State House and State Senate
- Gain Democratic majorities in both the Arizona House and Senate
Our kids and our state's future depend on your help. Donate here now.
Dr. Eric Meyer
House Minority Leader